This means for me to truly look inside myself and find that quiet space, clear of clutter, bringing a sense of peace and strength to deal with whatever life brings.
Always having had a life long interest in how our minds work, I continued after receiving a degree in Psychology to study a broad spectrum of disciplines relating to humanity and self-development. Years of both Buddhist Meditation and Martial Art practices has grounded me as a person.
I would describe my therapeutic approach as Humanistic and integrate a number of contemporary approaches within my work. I offer a contemporary counselling service that incorporates the essential elements of being client-centred with complimentary modern therapeutic practices that support personal self-development. Current research in Somatic Reprocessing, Generative Change Work, Mindfulness, Person-Centred, Ericksonian Psychotherapy & Transpersonal Psychotherapy are all part of my current ongoing therapy practice.
The process of focusing in, connecting to and opening ourselves up to more than this limited reality can be truly transformational and positively life changing. I am fully committed to helping others on their path, through good times and bad towards more enriched & fulfilling lives.
Professional Bodies MBACP(Accred reg)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling – (Humanistic/Person-Centred)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Supervision
- Certificate in Generative Coaching
- Master Practitioner Certificate in Systemic NLP
- BSc Psychology (Hons)
Specialist training and knowledge:
- The Inner Hero’s Journey & Generative Change Work (Systemic NLP)
- Mindfulness and non-directive hypnotherapy;
- Relationship & Couples Counselling;
- Compulsive & Addictive behaviour; both substance & process;
- Depression, Anxiety & Stress, Eating disorders & Mental health disorders;
- Trauma & Abuse, (Physical, Emotional or Verbal);
- Bereavement & Sudden Loss;
- Counselling & Coaching Supervision (those in training and qualified).
Counselled in NHS, Connextions Youth Service, Universities, Addictions agencies, CRUSE Bereavement Care. Volunteered at MIND & Samaritan.
My work as a counsellor is equally informed by my own positive experience of the counselling space and the difference it made to me in times of trouble. My deepest wish is that everyone, without discrimination, is able to access this type of support and receive the help that helps them too.
May I invite you to take the next step
and contact me ..